帖子

积分

网站编辑

积分
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2017-4-13 11:01:00 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
written one year ago...

Lisbon is beautiful yet humble city in Southern Europe, where the gentle, mild Tejo water often sends out a call for the golden days of the Age of Exploration in the 15th andd 16th centuries--these are my impressions of Portugal besides football, coffee and codfish.

Looking back to the year in Portugal, I was like going through the rainbow after the rain and embraced by the taste of happiness. Over the year, I braved numerous challenges and had moments of introspection. Perhaps in a foreign environment , one can understand more deeply the process of growth. Studying abroad is not easy as I could only depend upon myself in every aspect. However, in the process of adapting to the new environment, I’ve found that it’s interesting as surprise often came during the process of exploration and trial.

A year ago, I determined to study in Portugal and came here with great anticipation for the civilization behind the Portuguese language. Within the year, I discovered this place bit by bit, meeting friends from different countries, and forging deep friendships with them. The close relationship not only enabled me to understand their thinking and doing, but also guided me in knowing myself from different perspectives and understanding my country and becoming a ‘global man’ with the Chinese blood.

Studying in the University of Lisbon for almost a year, I gained a lot. Moreover, I also took this opportunity to learn about living and adapt myself with the European culture and living environment. As a matter of fact, the Portuguese conversation between me and my foreign friends are a form of cultural exchange. Once starting to learn Portuguese, one cannot avoid its culture, this is inevitable. However, it is never easy for one to be a person with cultural knowledge and at the same time can deeply understand other culture.

Certainly, I would seize every opportunity to practice my Portuguese, for instance, visiting the Palace of the Portuguese Parliament, introducing Chinese history and culture to my classmates, attending oral defense of Portuguese Master’s students and the closing ceremony for the 100th anniversary of the University of Lisbon, etc. There were also warm and sweet moments in my campus life, for example, my teacher and classmates from different countries all over the world sang a Portuguese birthday song for me on my birthday; my landlord generously lent me her private collection of Portuguese books and invited me for dinner with her family; foreign friends invited me to their homes, go on a trip, climb mountains, go to the beach, for a walk, tour the lakes and museums, and participate in carnivals with them, etc.,these gave me a delightful and satisfying experience. Owing to my keen interest in Chinese calligraphy, I often visited the Confucius institute of University of Lisbon showing the culture of Chinese calligraphy, where I also shared my views with the Portuguese.

During my stay, I received many letters and greetings from friends and other schoolfellows studying abroad. I felt very warm while reading their letters just as we were meeting face to face. As long as there is friendship, I can always feel the sense of joy in my heart.

Portuguese have a greeting etiquette --when meeting a close friend, relative or family member, they give each other a hug and kiss as a form of greeting. Within this short year, I made many friends and had many good memories in Portugal. I think it may be because of the fondness that grew over time, my soul seems to have been getting closer to Portugal, and perhaps, I have been falling in love with Portugal.

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Comsenz Inc.  

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 07:51 , Processed in 0.099534 second(s), 24 queries .